The Miles to Melanie

The life and times of Melanie (and a little about her parents too.)

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Not Yet...........

Sorry there have not been any new posts in a while. I was hoping that my next post would be our Travel Approval announcement. However, things aren't moving along as fast as I'd hoped (once again...imagine that). No problems (that we're aware of). There are actually A LOT of families out there waiting on their TA. One theory is that in the process of trying to streamline SN (special needs) adoptions, they've seemed to make it more complicated for themselves. Another thought is that the person/s who work in the TA department were on vacation. The first week of October is a national holiday for China, so they were closed then as well. Only China (and God) know what's going on over there. It could be any day (Monday thru Friday that is) that we get the call. China sends over our Travel Approval via DHL to our agency (and yes I did ask my agency what time of day they usually receive deliveries from DHL so I could stop my obsessing and get on with the rest of my day). It's around 10:30am MST. Then our agency contacts the U.S. Consulate in China to get us an appointment. I think I've mentioned that previously. Any whoo, I'll be sure to start making phone calls to all of you after we get our phone call. Like I said, it could be any day....like perhaps this Monday, or maybe not until the last Monday in January. (But I sincerely doubt that.) If you think you're anxious...what do you think we're going through. (Ok, I'm a wee bit more obsessed about it than Mark. His guess was the third week of November, mine has already been shot out of the water.) We're currently at 45 days since our LOI (Letter of Intent to adopt) was sent out. I was hoping for 34 days....that was the least number of days that people who were in our same situation had to wait. No records here. And come Monday we'll be at 47 and counting...but whose counting? ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home