The Miles to Melanie

The life and times of Melanie (and a little about her parents too.)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Enjoying Spring

Nothing new on the adoption front. We're still in "wait" mode. So you can sit back and relax or keep occupied so the time passes...neither one really works. I'm continually and constantly practicing my patience.

Here's how we occupied our last weekend. On Saturday our adoption agency had their annual spring picnic. Waiting families, as well as those who've already adopted and the agency directors and staff were all invited to bring picnic lunches and hang out together and enjoy the beautiful weather. We decided to bring our adopted child from Germany:) Asko was a big hit. Children of all ages came over to check him out. He was very gentle with the little ones and remained cool when completely surrounded with new people. All in a days work.

Saturday evening we had our first taste of sushi. Mark was skeptical to start with and unimpressed at the end. He claims it gave him a queasy stomach, but that didn't stop him from snacking on sugar cookies after we returned home....hmm. The only raw fish we tried was tuna. Everything else we ate was cooked...either shrimp or crab. The wasabi (you make into a spicy dipping sauce) was the primary flavor. I thought it was a fun experience and I'd try it again - chopsticks and all.

By Sunday evening Mark and I were helping out with the high school (youth ministry) program through our church. Looks like I might be going to summer camp (as a leader) in California and the band was hinting around about eventually getting Mark on stage. (Hey- the sound check guy gets on stage!)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home