The Miles to Melanie

The life and times of Melanie (and a little about her parents too.)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

In God We Trust

Not much new to report. Nothing new on the adoption front. Just incase you were all wondering.... we really are trying to adopt. We're not making this up. Honest. We really have submitted a whole lot of paperwork to someone somewhere. It's all a leap of faith. We have to just trust God. We trust that He has steered us in this direction. We trust that it will all happen in His timing. We all want what we want now. (I know I want this to happen now.) However, that whole patience is a virtue thing comes to mind. As I step back and view the big picture thus far, I can see why things haven't happened sooner. So as time passes and we continue the wait, I'm sure God has a good reason. Everything happens (or doesn't happen) for a reason. We don't always get to know the reasons, but if you trust God you don't have to know all the answers. All you need is faith in God. That's not to say the waiting is easy for me, 'cuz that would be far from the truth. If able, I try to focus on other things instead. For example, I am leaving on Sunday for a week at camp. Yep, it's time to take the high school students from our church to camp in California. Mark is staying home to take care of the animals. (Party at our house?) Happy July 4th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home