100 days
Oh how I did NOT want to reach this point. Now the excruciating long holiday weekend. Will we ever be able to get off this rollercoaster ride? Yes, this is pretty much all I think about. Some days I've got small distractions to get me through it. We were able to send Melanie a birthday cake and a teddy bear. A very nice Chinese mom, who lives in the States provides a great service for adoptive parents. Basically she sends care packages to your child for you. She has family and contacts in China, so she emails the info over there and they send it directly from within China so there is no hold up with customs or worry about the package arriving. They order the cake from a local bakery near your childs orphanage and then email you when it has arrived. The "Birthday Package" that I chose has 2 disposable cameras, a teddy bear, a freshly baked cherry birthday cake, a translated letter and birthday greeting (not sure if that's a card or not). The translated letter basically says thank you for taking such good care of Melanie. Please take pictures of her with her cake and of the orphanage so she has them when she's older. The cake should be arriving in 1-2 days. Please give her the teddy bear. Some more thank you's. Please bring the cameras and teddy on adoption day so she has something familiar to keep with her...etc. I'll let you all know how that turns out when we go get her....that is of course WHEN we get our travel approval. Maybe 2007 is our year.....ya think?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home