The Miles to Melanie

The life and times of Melanie (and a little about her parents too.)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm Back..

It was a long week, but somehow I survived. Me and thirteen teenage girls in a cabin for 6 nights ... needless to say I did not get much sleep. My male co-counselor, Bryan, had it much easier. He only had six boys. (The oldest of my teenage bunch was 17 and was assigned to be my other helper with the girls.) The camp itself was awesome. It was located just south of Big Bear Lake in California. They had a man made lake, swimming pool and a stream that flowed through the camp area. The camp's program was also great. I think most, if not all the kids took a little something home with them that they learned. Not only did I get a lot out of the experience itself, I also learned things about myself. Hopefully I'll figure out how to apply what I learned and grow from that. I'm really glad I did it, but not sure I'd do it again. Now that I've gotten a few good nights of sleep in, my perspective is definitely more positive than it was on the long 6 hour drive home with only 3 hours sleep the night before (and yes, I was one of the drivers). The drama of teenage girls ... ahh, I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home