The Miles to Melanie

The life and times of Melanie (and a little about her parents too.)

Sunday, March 11, 2007

We've Got Her!




Actually, she has us. She is so good. Melanie JinShun is a happy baby. She can crawl and pull herself up. She can feed herself fruitpuffs and loves looking at herself in the mirror. She hasn't cried yet, although she wasn't too excited about her first diaper change. A few quick wimpers and we had the super soaker off in no time flat. We obviously don't have the secret recipe formula that she likes, but banana and yogurt did suffice. It's past her nap time, but she is fighting it even though she keeps yawning and her lids are getting heavy. Mark's almost got her to sleep in his arms...any second. She already said "mama" several times to me. (Yes, it melted my heart.) We are so lucky, she is so easy going and started playing with us as soon as we got back to our hotel room. Mark is now laying on the bed with Melanie passed out on his chest. Yes, I got a picture of that for later as well. I don't know what else to say. We've already forgotten about the long wait. More to come. We've got all computer issues taken care of and have already snapped more pictures. So stay tuned for more fun in China. We love you all and thank you so much for the prayers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! She looks absolutely beautiful and you truly are the luckiest two people on the planet!! I can't wait to meet Miss Melanie. Congratulations and best wishes to you all.
Love
Barb

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie,
She is lovely! Is that curls I'm seeing? I'm so glad to see her finally in your arms! Sounds like she's adjusting well. Keep more pictures coming!

Keri Martin

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home