Highs and Lows




I think the last picture pretty much sums up how Melanie's overall day has been. I think she started her grieving process today along with not feeling so well and being on meds. As you can see, we did get some incredible smiles out of her earlier in the day. Oh yeah and we received our first poopy diaper. Actually we got two. Poor thing had some little rocks in her. I know, too descriptive for some of you-but hey, some people want all the details. We have tried to increase her water intake as much as she'll let us. She likes it best from a dropper for some reason, not a bottle. What ever works.
We thought some fresh air might be good for Melanie this afternoon, so we (Mark) strapped on the Snugli baby carrier and we headed out to WalMart for some more supplies. You would have thought we were a walking freak show. The Chinese are not shy about pointing and staring and running along department store isles to catch a look at the freak show walking by. We knew we'd stand out as Americans, but a white man with a baby carrier and an Asian baby can cause quite a stir in the streets of Nanjing. It (well actually I should say we) were quite a sight to see. Tomorrow we head to the orphanage.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home